NEPOTISM IN MEDIA BY NEELAM M. SINGH

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=578636436134169&id=100019634537821
NEPOTISM IN MEDIA: THE GANG OF WOMEN JOURNALISTS PLANTING CONCOCTED, INTIMIDATING AND DEFAMATORY STORIES, WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANCE, TO HARM THE REPUTATION OF OTHERS, OUT OF JEALOUSY !
By: Neelam M. Singh 
(LL.B. M.PHIL. M.A. St. Stephen's College, TVNP-FTII, Pune)
Human Rights Crusader, Journalist, Author, Philanthropist 
www.neelamsingh.online 
https://neelammahajansingh.blogspot.com 
@neelamsinghLLB 

(All original articles by these women journalists are with the legal team of Neelam M. Singh)

☆ I am thankful to all my Urdu Hindi, English- journalist friends, who supported me those days. They include S.P. Singh, Trilok Deep, Ramesh Gaur, Dalip Kumar, G.K. Singh, Anil Narendra, Late Ramesh Chandra jee of Times of India Group, Aseem Satya Prakash, Lalit Vats, Vepa Rao, C.P. Ramachandran, Madhav Das Nalapat, Dr. Suresh Sharma, Aruna Singh, Sarjana Sharma, Vimal Issar, and several other friends in print media. Mr. Suresh Mathur, IAS, Secretary- I&B, Harish Awasthy, IIS, DG- PIB, DG- Prasar Bharati News, stood by my side. Thanks to all of them.
☆ In the last three decades I churned the media operations and their modus operandi, intensively. There was a group of women journalists who would be doing #METOO  on other women journalists only ! Why do women pull down, the other successful women?
These women journalists, especially the English media, wrote cock and bull stories. There was no substance. Only conjectures and surmises!
No wonder General V.K. Singh calls a section of media as, 'Presstitutes. Mr. Samir Jain, Vice Chairman of Times of India Group, calls them 'Dhobi ghat Press Wallahs'.
I was so busy in my Doordarshan News work. It was the sole channel, so maximum focus was on DOORDARSHAN. 
These women journalists, were so busy PLANTING FAKE STORIES, TO PROFESSIONALLY HARM ME.
Some are dead, some are about to die, some are irrelevant. 

1. The much tom-tommed Mrinal Pandey, now a Congress journo also felt insecure, although she was Editor of हिन्दुस्तान ! I wasn't interested in meeting Mrinal Pandey, niece of 86 yrs old #METOO  Murli Manohar Joshi. In fact it was Javed Faridi of HT, who asked me to meet her and I presented my book of Hindi poetry: Anteryatra to her - अंतरात्मा-अंतरयात्रा । 
Her behavior to say the least was abhorrent. I didn't need anything from her, nor was she capable of doing anything for me! This Mrinal Pandey, after her retirement from हिन्दुस्तान is now employed by Congress' 'Sandesh'. Ms. Pandey, PM Rajiv Gandhi had appointed me Editor-in-Chief of 'FLAME' magazine, that was published during NAM International Youth Summit. 

2. Coomi Kapoor, of Indian Express planted several derogatory articles in her columns. She was vicious and scheming. They included personal attacks, linking me with powerful politicians, bureaucrats and others. 
I wrote one article, in my column 'Yatharth' यथार्थ, in Dainik Jagran, that was personally vetted by Narendra Mohan jee, Chairman of Dainik Jagran, that unnerved her.
सौ सुनार की, एक लौहार की !
Coomi Kapoor got Legal Notice, served to me through Arun Jaitley. I replied through my counsel/  later High Court judge, Justice V.K. Shali.
I personally met Arun Jaitley and showed him all the articles, Ms. Kapoor had planted against myself. Arun got upset to read them. He told me, "let it be Neelam, I will advice her" !

Coomi Kapoor, wrote horribly malicious articles, personally attacking me, writing crap about Late R.K. Bhargava, IAS, Secretary, Information and Broadcasting, Late Rangarajan Kumaramangalam, Minister of Power and Parliamentary Affairs, Mani Shankar Aiyar IFS, MP. OSD- PMO! 
She would write bunk about my hostel flat ! I mean, is this journalism ? Or may be my name was hot selling their columns. The office of Secretary I & B's sent an objection to the Editor-in-Chief of The Indian Express. Shameful ! 
Neelam M. Singh: Daughter of Kashmir 

After Arun Jaitley's intervention, she's not written about me ! Journalist Varinder Kapoor, her husband was known to me. Her daughters are Stephanians. She's got grand children also. She's retired and free lancing. 

3. Then there was this horribly bad looking, 'about to die, Amita Malik'. Her TV & Radio reviews were never complete without writing adversely about me. When I had done such daring news reports from Kashmir on militancy and terrorism, interviewed seperatists, Hanif Baig & Bitta Karate, Ms. MALIK WROTE, "NEELAM MAHAJAN SINGH, LOOKED LIKE THE GOVERNOR'S WIFE....". Ha ha, to say the least it was absurd. Girish Chandra Saxena, IPS, Ex Intelligence Bureau Chief, was Governor of J&K. Garry Saheb was a bit formal. Ved Marwah, IPS, Ex Commissioner of Police, was Adviser to Governor. Ved Marwah was laughing, he said, "I'm so jealous! Why she didn't write that you looked like Adviser to Governor's wife?" We just laughed it off as a piece of sensational, yellow journalism. Such was the cheap and jealous mentality of this woman. 

4. Finally a criminal case was filed U/S 499, 500, 120-B & 34 IPC against Amita Malik & the newspaper in which Coomi Kapoor was Editor. Isn't it a gang? Finaly Sanjay Baru, Editor-in-Chief, of Indian Express met me.
Amita Malik apologized in the Court. After that she never took my name. 
She was bed ridden, unattended for many years. Amita Malik is dead now. Rest in peace Madam. 

5. Bhavdeep Kang, the supposedly sensuous, barely clad journo, wrote a really horrible "romantically linked-up relationship with Harish Awasthy, IIS, Director General of Doordarshan & Prasar Bharti News". I mean she didn't write any review about my programmes ? Harrish Awasthy was a real newsman. Even as Director General of News Division, he would directly interact with News Editors. Mrs. Vimla Bhalla, IIS, was also our ADG- News. So Doordarshan and AIR were and are magnum news channels. 
She wrote two paragraphs on Neelam Mahajan Singh and Harish Awasthy - love story ! This story was planted by one of the jealous correspondent of Ex Indian Express, who joined DD News. Harish Awasthy was Ex English Professor of Himachal University. He even became DG- Press Information Bureau. Harish had a fair number of friends and foes in the service, as happens with all rising bureaucrats. 
(Neelam Mahajan Singh aka Neelam M. Singh)
This Bhavdeep Kang was a pigmy reporter, of The Pioneer. Harish Awasthy, IIS, was laughing and fuming. I was ofcourse amused !
 He talked to Vinod Mehta, Editor of The Pioneer. Vinod was shocked, as an Editor, he didn't know what was publishing in his paper ! 
He told Harish Awasthy, that due to health reasons, he hadn't gone to office. Vinod Mehta was profusely apologetic. We used to invite Vinod Mehta for Current Affairs discussions to News studios. Persnally I respected Vinod Mehta. 
This Bhavdeep Kang thought, she was a sexy dame. She was a lackie of my dear friend, Late G. K. Singh of The Pioneer. In fact G.K. Singh, was a friend of Harish Awasthy also. Was my name selling their news paper ? 
I would have thrashed this dame outside Press Club of India, where she was a regular boozer ! I saw her at the gate, and the moment she saw me, she was shivering ! I asked her, "are you having an affair with Vinod Mehta...u..." G.K. Singh saved her!
I MEAN HOW CAN ONE WRITE ABOUT YOUR TOP MOST BOSSES & A JUNIOR COLLEAGUE, IN AN OFFICIAL ENVIRONMENT, IN SUCH ATROCIOUS MANNER ? Sick woman ! 
NEPOTISM IN MEDIA !

Harris Awasthy - died of cancer and several health complications. 
Presstitutes, who hurt the feelings of decent people, should be given a strong doze of condemnation. 

6. Promilla Kalhan of The Hindustan Times,  was just wanting a lunch out, she would write 'for and against',  depending on that....she was too old...don't want to say much except that her articles on Doordarshan News Division were not based on truth. 
Promilla Kalhan is dead !
Amita Malik is dead. 
Coomi Kapoor was cool after Arun Jaitley's intervention. 
Bhavdeep Kang, after her divorce is hanging around some where.
Mrinal Pandey is a Congress lackie !

Shame on such journalists, who use the space of esteemed news papers, to settle their personal frustrations and failures, to pull down rising stars of media. 
( To continue.....)
Sameer Bahadur says:
Neelam... To be honest,  this is the situation in practically every profession. Young bright women, more so the single ones, are subject of innuendos and salacious gossip.  Linking them with bosses is unfortunately  very common.  Most talented women just give up.  Only a few have the courage and resolve to continue.  It's a very difficult  life for working women in every field, not just the media.  In media,  since there are many women who are working,  they are the ones who are instrumental  in pulling down other women, who they see progressing too fast.  Spreading stories covertly or overtly,  is quite common in every profession. It's just unfortunate and sad. Working women have to be ten times tougher and hundred times luckier than males to survive in most professions.  Perhaps insurance and banking are two industries  which provide equal opportunities  to women to realize their potential. For the rest- well,  it may take several more years to provide  a level playing field and equal opportunities to both genders, fairly.

Comments